Easy Tiger Parent System™

Hello, and welcome to my blog on Liberating Parents and Giving Children Back Their Parents.





Please feel free to comment and share opinions. Alternatively contact me directly using the details on my contact page.


Or, Go over to our Website www.easytigerparentsystem.com


Thank You

Jennifer McLeod


How Do You Stop Or Deal With Manipulative Parents?



Born To Win!: Success Strategies for Young Businesses and New Entrepreneurs







14 May 2007

Relationships - My Partner is not meeting my needs


The Inside Job – Going to Work on You


Did You Know it was an “Inside Job”?


My partner is not meeting my needs

A lot of times if we are feeling unfulfilled in our relationship, we tend to aim the focus of our discontent at our partners without taking sufficient time to focus on what we might be doing to exacerbate the situation. I know it is easily done and I have fallen prey to this situation myself in my previous marriage. One of the things I was guilty of was focusing on what my husband was or was not doing within the relationship. When I had LEARNT to shift the focus from him to myself, it was only then that I was able to focus on what I was doing and not doing in the relationship. I had to LEARN to take control of my own happiness and decided that it would not depend on whether my husband was meeting my ‘needs’ or not. It was at this time that I was able to be honest with him and myself as to whether the relationship was the right one for me. As it happens, it was not the best thing for me to remain in the relationship and hence came the divorce. It was also a process of beginning to identify and understand what my real needs were, as I thought I knew what they were then.

Relationship Challenges

People come into your life for a reason and being in a relationship provides us with undoubtedly the hardest challenges we face as adults as we are seldom taught to love ourselves as children, yet we are expected to know how to love other people as adults in very deep, life changing situations such as that posed by marriages and other long term relationships. Relationships teach us, help us to learn life’s lessons and certainly help us to grow as more tolerant human beings if we choose to take up that opportunity. In order to truly love someone else, we must first learn and re-learn to love ourselves. It is impossible to love anyone else more than we love ourselves. The extent of the love we give out is a direct reflection of the love we have for ourselves.

“Be the change you want to see” Mahatma Ghandi

My ‘other half’

We get fooled into thinking that the other person only needs to be ‘half ok’ and that we will make up the other half of the relationship and them, hence the all too common phrase ‘’my other half’’. A healthy relationship needs both parties to be whole, complete individuals in and of themselves, bringing their own happiness, uniqueness, love and abilities.

What are your needs?

Sometimes we think we know what our needs are, however, when it comes to naming them, we get stuck. If you were to ask your partner today to meet your needs better, what would you say? Do you know what your REAL needs are?

When was the last time you did something spontaneous or special for your partner without expecting something in return? How are you meeting your partner’s needs? Do you know what your partner’s needs are? If you don’t know, then ASK them. Find out what they need in order to feel loved and connected. Sometimes just BEING THERE, being PRESENT is enough. If your partner is not meeting your needs, chances are you may not be meeting theirs either.

Inside Job

You’ve got to give to others first before you can get what you want. If you want a better relationship, go to work on YOU. The problem is not necessarily out there and is usually an ‘inside job’. That is, rather than looking externally and pointing the finger at your partner, look within first. Rather than trying to ‘fix’ them, ‘fix’ you instead. Identify and Start to act the way you would like your ideal relationship to be.

Identify where the ‘problem’ really lies: is it you, your partner or the relationship itself. Be honest with yourself and your partner. When you have identified the ‘problem’ then go to work on finding solutions and changing it.

“Be the change you want to see” Mahatma Ghandi

True, Authentic Self

So where am I on my journey? Right now I am on my way to being my true, authentic self, allowing my creativity to manifest and learning more and more about me and my needs, loving me first so that when I do meet ‘him’ and ask him what his needs are, I am in a better position to deliver.

So, if you want your relationship to be better and grow, GO TO WORK ON YOU TODAY. As you love you more and more, you will be in a better position to give and share more of your love with your partner.

Loving Inspirations From Children

If you are still feeling unsure about what love is, here’s some inspirations from some children. Enjoy!

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, "What does love mean?"The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love." Rebecca- age 8


”When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." Billy - age 4


"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other." Karl - age 5


“If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,"Nikka - age 6 (we need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)”Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday." Noelle - age 7

"Love is when Mummy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross." Mark - age 6


”I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones." Lauren - age 4


"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you." (What an imagination) Karen - age 7

Recommendations

The Power of Intention by Dr Wayne W Dyer
This book will really help you to focus your mind on what you want to happen, to learn to let go, and surrender to allow your desires to manifest. It will help you focus your intention on developing a better relationship with yourself and your partner.


With Inspirational Blessings
Jennifer McLeod

No comments: